Thailand is now well established as one of the world’s favourite holiday destinations, attracting a diverse range of holidaymakers from every corner of the planet to experience the country’s stunning scenery, interesting culture, and tasty cuisine. Its cities have an intoxicating energy with royal palaces, unique markets, and tasty street food while its paradise islands feature white sands and perfect clear seas that offer beach escapes second to none. Thailand caters for all types of traveller with a varied range of accommodation from the humble backpacker hostel to the large family beachside hotel. In this short piece I am going to focus on the best luxury resort spas in the southern part of the country that would form the centrepiece of a wonderful holiday.
An Island Paradise
As Thailand’s largest island Phuket is a popular choice for many visitors, it is easily reached via its international airport and features some of the best resorts the country has to offer. Among are these great resorts:
- Banyan Tree Phuket – this idyllic resort near the lovely Bang Tao beach offers poolside villas for couples and families looking for relaxing stay.
- Thavorn Palm Beach – set beachside in stunning Karon beach this resort has seven different types of accommodation and five restaurants that cater for all.
- Keemala – tucked away from the crowds in pristine rainforest near Kamala village this luxury resort is perfect for couples with its romantic villas.
Amazing Koh Samui
Koh Samui is somewhat quieter than its noisier neighbour Phuket which appeals to couples and families looking for a more relaxed holiday. While it differs in this way is it similar to Phuket in that is easily reached by airport and has a wealth of fantastic beaches and excellent resort hotels to stay in, they include:
- Bandara Resort & Spa – set on wonderful Bophut beach this resort features four pools and stunning villas suitable for couples and families.
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort – this stunning beachside oasis is set in manicured gardens and has fantastic spa facilities.
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui – a special getaway offers guests a sophisticated experience and a unique tree top restaurant.
On Drier Land
Away from the country’s larger islands there are also fantastic resort hotels to found, amongst the best are the Merlin in Khao Lak and Chiva Som in Hua Hin, both sit at the very pinnacle of hotel luxury offering an amazing experience for their guests.
These are just a small amount of the fantastic high-end hotels and resorts dotted around Thailand’s southern towns and villages. Staying at any of them will give you memories you will never forget.